Sometimes long term neglect and poor kennelling is only too evident in dogs coming into Fen Bank.
Our vet bills are routinely well over £1,000 a month and we urgently need funds to keep on repairing the damage others have done to our dogs.Fen Bank Greyhound Sanctuary is a 100% charitable organisation. We rely on donations from visitors, friends and the general public.As a registered charity any donation made to Fen Bank can be worth 25% more simply by filling in a Gift Aid form – see below.We have added a PayPal donate button to the top of each page, so you can donate as much or as little as you like.
Do you donate to Fen Bank Greyhound Sanctuary? Do you pay Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax?
If you can answer Yes to these two questions then why not complete a Gift Aid declaration. Signing up for Gift Aid allows the Sanctuary to reclaim the tax from HMRC which you will have paid on the money you donate. There is no extra cost to you.
For the tax year 2012-13 we were able to claim back over £5,750 in tax through the Gift Aid scheme which is a valuable addition to our funds.
Apart from the income from our charity shop at Alford, donations are the charity’s only other major source of income and without these we could not exist. Our thanks go to everyone who makes donations, whether it is a regular donation, kennel sponsorship or by being a Greyhound Friend – your gifts are very much appreciated. Completing a Gift Aid declaration increases the value of your gift to us by 25 pence for every pound you donate.
12 Ways You Can Help
There are numerous ways to help the hounds at Fen Bank. Some are financial, others cost nothing but your time. You can:
● Re-home a Greyhound
● Become a Friend of Fen Bank (£15 / £20 per year)
● Become a Lifetime Friend of Fen Bank (Single payment of £300)
● Sponsor a Kennel (£50 per year)
● Hold a fundraising event (e.g. coffee morning or car boot sale)
● Donate items to help with the running of the kennels (see below)
● Come to an event
● Donate new or used bric-a-brac (please call the Sanctuary)
● Donate prizes for draws & raffles
● Volunteer your time (dog walking, transport, helping at our charity shop)
● Buy something from our Online Shop
● Leave a legacy in your will.
Items We Always Need
● Dog food – tinned or dry
● Quilts and blankets
● Dry shampoo for dogs
● Cleaning materials – washing up liquid, bleach, washing powder, etc
● Bric a brac to sell
● Fence paint
● Single-stand feed bowls
● Fencing panels, posts, etc to repair existing fencing